Courses at a Glance
MOT TESTER ANNUAL TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
An online training package which consists of everything you need to study for and complete your annual training and assessment and allow you to keep your MOT tester licence.
All testers for vehicle test group class 1 & 2 or class 3, 4, 5 & 7 will have to:
- complete a minimum of 16 hours training over a rolling 5-year period
- complete a minimum of 3 hours training every year
- pass an annual assessment
This course has been designed to allow candidates to work at their own pace and time of choosing. They can even do it at home if they prefer. This means that training can be completed without having to spend too much time out of the business.
Candidates can work anywhere they have internet access; at home or in the workplace.
IMI Level 3 MOT Manager Course
Taking this 2-day IMI MOT Manager course will teach a candidate how to:
- Manage the legislative and compliance knowledge required to manage an MOT Test Centre
- Effectively encourage improvements in customer service
- Develop and supervise staff within a Testing Centre
- Understand the Centre quality systems and audits
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is for learners who wish to run an MOT Vehicle Testing Station (VTS), or who will have direct responsibility for MOT operations at a VTS in the future.
VTAA – VEHICLE TECHNICIAN ACCREDITED ASSESSMENT
This 2-day course offers technicians without recognised qualifications a simple way to become an MOT Tester – Vehicle Technician Accredited Assessment
What is VTAA – Vehicle Technician Accredited Assessment? The VTAA – Vehicle Technician Accredited Assessment gives technicians the equivalent of a Level 3 qualification. It means that mechanics who have four or more years “on the tools” workshop experience can prove their capabilities at Level 3. The VTAA is required for mechanics without a relevant Level 3 qualification so that they may progress to the Level 2 Award in MOT Testing. The VTAA – Vehicle Technician Accredited Assessment is not a qualification but is a specifically designed accreditation and a lifetime achievement. Technicians who complete the VTAA will be considered equivalent to those who have studied to Level 3 via a qualification route.
IMI Level 2 Awards in MOT Testing – DVSA MOT Tester – MOT Tester qualification
To pass this Level 2 Award in MOT Testing for Class 4 & 7 and gain your MOT qualification, you will be need to successfully complete both a practical and theory online assessment.
This 4-day course covers the 5 modules that make up the course criteria as set by the DVSA.
- working safely within a vehicle test centre
- communicating with colleagues and customers
- how to manage and maintain their CPD
- carrying out pre-test checks
- carrying out an MOT test.